Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cheryl's interview on Pirate FM

Cheryl was on radio station Pirate FM this afternoon in the drivetime slot to promote her debut single Fight For This Love. She spoke about her achievements and aspirations as part of Girls Aloud, the X Factor and gave a few details on her upcoming album Three Words and shared her excitement for the 2nd single, the title track itself.

Asked about the beginnings of Girls Aloud and her idols/inspirations:

I don’t think you set out with any kind of expectation. When Sound Of The Underground got to number 1 it was like ‘Wow, God, this is amazing!’.

I just loved watching performers – Britney, Michael Jackson etc. I loved the full shebang, all that jazz.

I don’t feel you can say you’ve truly made it until you’ve achieved stuff like winning a BRIT award. That’s the sort of thing you set out to do, what dreams are made of. You feel like you’ve finally been accepted.

Moving onto the X Factor she said:

There’s always that thing of ‘ohh, people who go on shows like the X Factor get the easy road’. That’s not true at all. You’ve got that level of exposure and profile you then have to prove yourself from then on.

I wouldn’t say i’ve spotted a winner. There’s no one i could say yet, you never know what’s gonna unfold on the live shows.

Speaking about the Passions TV series and how she came to work with Will.I.Am:

Originally i was gonna go back and learn how to do ballet, as that’s what i did when i was young, and hopefully end up getting a solo shot in a London ballet. But then i thought, i’d tried that as a kid already, and i loved watching street dancing on the tv, so i decided to go for that instead, and hopefully the end result being ending up in a music video. It was a really organic process.

Cheryl then gave out a few details about her album:

I’m bursting with excitement for people to hear the title track Three Words. I really wanted it to be the first single, as Fight For This Love wasn’t always going to be it. There’s a big responsibility for me stepping out solo. I’ve written half the album as well as allowing some of the best songwriters i nthe world to showcase through me.

She then finished off with her feelings on supporting Coldplay at Wembley Stadium:

Highlight of my Girls Aloud career. It was just fantastic. I love Coldplay and even just to be asked to support them… what an accolade.

Listen to the interview here:

No comments:

Post a Comment