Friday, January 1, 2010

Heidi and Seek's Top 25 Songs of 2009

I love the Top 25 Most Played playlist that iTunes offers.  Its fascinating to see how the list is rearranged with each syncing of my iPod and iPhone.  So as of 12/31/2009, here are the Top 25:

1.  Jai Ho (You Are my Destiny) by A. R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls (129 plays); I’m pretty sure I must have left my iPod playing in my purse because the last time I checked this song had maybe 70ish plays.  Oh well, never doubt iTunes :)

2.  I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (106 plays); The first time I heard this song I didn’t like it but also recognized that it would probably become one of my favorites.  And it certainly did!

3.  Tell Me No by Whitney Houston (96 plays); This song is a constant in my workout playlists.  “Tell me no and I’ll show you I can” is a great motivator!

4.  Knock You Down by Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo (95 plays); This high energy beat is a great pace setter when running.

5.  When Love Takes Over by David Guetta (91 plays); Welcome back Kelly Rowland!

6.  Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) by Lady Gaga (79 plays); Facebook told me this Lady Gaga song is the best representation of me.  cherry, cherry boom boom

7.  Halo / Walk on Sunshine by Glee Cast (70 plays); My favorite performance in Glee to date – the costumes, the choreography, the singing, the hair!

8.  If I Can’t Have You by Kelly Clarkson (70 plays);  Its hard to not rock out along with Kelly in this Miss Independent-themed song.

9.  Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas (69 plays); If Fergie ever needs a stand-in, I hope she calls!

10.  Photographs by Rihanna & will.i.am (59 plays); This is the second most haunting song on Rihanna’s Rated R album and I love the contrast with will.i.am’s contagious beat.

11.  Paparazzi by Lady Gaga (51 plays); This is one of the best videos I have seen in such a long time and the song itself compels you to feel the same longing expressed in the lyrics.

12.  Poker Face by Lady Gaga (51 plays); I’ll offer Lady Gaga the same as I did to Fergie – if you ever need a stand in, please give me a call!

13.  My Life Would S**k Without You by Kelly Clarkson (50 plays); A new album and a new hit single – Congrats Kelly!

14.  Russian Roulette by Rihanna (49 plays); I would love to see a contemporary piece to this song on So You Think You Can Dance.

15.  Hush Hush; Hush Hush by The Pussycat Dolls (47 plays); New meets old in this disco era reminiscent mash-up.

16.  Jailer by Asa (46 plays); This is the first of 4 songs that were the sole occupants of the Recently Added playlist that was left on repeat while I was in training in July.

17.  Goodbye by Kristinia DeBarge (46 plays); Football song mashed with pop music – I just can’t resist!

18.  Coffee Girl by The Tragically Hip (46 plays); see #16

19.  Don’t Stop Believin’ by Glee Cast (44 plays); I didn’t think this song could get better than the original.

20.  Flashing Red Light Means Go by The Boxer Rebellion (43 plays); see #16

21.  If you Seek Amy by Britney Spears (43 plays); The most clever lyrics of 2009

22.  Ready by Kelly Clarkson (43 plays); I would love to having singing lessons from this amazing talent.  I’m ready now!

23.  LoveGame by Lady Gaga (43 plays); The second most clever lyrics of 2009 ;)

24.  Who Will Comfort Me by Melody Gardot (43 plays); see #16

25.  Defying Gravity by Glee Cast (42 plays); “So if you dare to find me, look to the western sky” and you would have seen me in AZ.

What were your most played or just plain dance-tastic songs of 2009?

[Via http://heidiandseek.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment